Walking a tight rope every day gets exhausting. You fear falling off. You fear turning back, but going ahead doesn’t feel any better. Creating balance in life allows you to make space for the things you deserve in life. Going through the motions becomes meaningless.
In today’s busy society, it’s really easy to get wrapped up in the “must do it all” mindset. FOMO (fear of missing out) is REAL – but can also create some real chaos in your life too if you say yes to every single opportunity, event or social outing that comes your way.
The key theme of today’s post is CREATING balance in life. It will not magically appear, unless you just happen to live in an ideal world with a perfect schedule and no sudden events oh ever. Like with most things, the ball is in your court for this too.
It is up to you to create balance in your life. For a long time, I too thought it would all just “work out”. Oh my goodness I couldn’t be more wrong.
3 Ways to Create Balance in Your Life
- Say no! Anyone else here guilty of saying “YES” too much? I know I was. I felt awful saying NO to people, especially if they were dear friends. This applies to taking on extra tasks at work, going out with friends, making unrealistic expectations and deadlines for yourself and so much more. Saying no is not mean or rude. Saying no is empowering. If it does not pour happiness into your soul or fill you up with joy, consider saying no to make more time for the things that do fill you up.
- Create a schedule. Seeing how you use up your time is eye-opening. Write down all of your daily obligations. Say no to everything that pulls from your happiness that you can. Take that time to rest, recharge, or do things that fill you up with joy.
- Face your fears. Saying no can be scary. It can cause anxiety, or feelings of fear. Realizing that you are in charge of your life, your balance and taking charge of it is so empowering. It’s time to face your fears and take charge. You have nothing to lose by seeing your self-worth, by realizing how DESERVING you are of a happy, balanced life.
Facing Fear to Find Your Balance
WHO CARES what others think? Facing your fears can be the biggest road block in creating balance in your life.
Happiness and balance can only be created by you (yeah broken record but SERIOUSLY it is!). If you create happiness for others, but not yourself, yikes! Slam the breaks girls, you need to step back and reevaluate.
Yesterday many of you mentioned fear as a common thread.
Fear can be debilitating. It can paralyze you. If you let it.
Yes, the F word, and no, it’s not my favorite one, though it’s right up there. Failure. Being perceived as a failure for so long as been seen as a negative thing.
I see it as a beautiful, courageous thing. If you’ve failed, you’ve taken a risk. It means you had the courage to try. To challenge yourself, to face your fears. If you’ve failed, you’ve won. You’ve taken steps closer to reaching a goal, even if it feels like you were just moving backwards.
Today is a gift. Tomorrow’s a new day. Do something RIGHT NOW to set yourself up for success.
Here’s how to stop selling yourself short in 3 simple steps:
- Take charge. Only you can make the change you want to see in the world.
- Make a plan. Set tangible goals, short-term and long-term.
- Believe in yourself. And team up with those you lift you up.
What will you do TODAY to face your fears and create balance in your life?